Thank you for your interest working for Friends of the San Francisco Public Library. We have one current opening listed below:
Donation Center Warehouse Manager
Friends is a diverse community of individuals, families and institutions who love our San Francisco Public Library and make it exceptional. We champion free public access to information, resources and opportunities for all people. Our mission is to strengthen, support and advocate for a premier public library system in San Francisco.
Summary of Responsibilities
The position of Donation Center Warehouse Manager furthers the Friends mission by optimizing workflow and merchandise processing at our donation center warehouse, exercising inventory management, control, and loss prevention for books and media that pass through our facility each year. Works in collaboration with the Pricing Specialist and volunteers. Oversees the day to day schedule and activity of the Driver and the moving crew for Big Book Sales.
Reports to: Literary Director
Position is full-time, hourly. (35 hours)
Oversee Donation Center warehouse processing procedures and workflow.
- Consolidate, repack and palletize incoming donations to optimize space.
- Manage shipping and receiving.
- Keep records of book inventories and generate reports using PC.
- Oversee and collaborate with Driver’s schedule
- Ensure proper and secure management of cash controls, accounting and loss prevention
- Work with volunteers in a supportive manner as a critical part of the warehouse system
Maintenance of Donation Center
- Adhere to CAL/OSHA safety standards and protocol. Keep facility up to City codes. Perform regular safety checks and keep a safety log in consultation with Manager of Facilities & Contracts and Literary Director
- Maintain general upkeep of building and keep work areas clean and safe, facilitate removal of graffiti.
Book Sales and other Events
- Oversee Books, supplies and equipment going to and returning from the Friends Book Sales, including Big Book sales, Library Step Sales and Saturday Donation Center Sales.
- Supervise work crews at Big Book Sales.
- Create a positive and customer friendly environment at the Donation Center when greeting book donors and customers personally, on the telephone or on email
- Have current California Driver’s License, clean DMV record.
- Must be able to handle forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment.
- Able to work independently and maintain a high degree of diplomacy while working with staff, volunteers, and members of the public.
- Must be outgoing, welcoming, friendly, and personable.
- Some experience working with volunteers preferred
- Minimum 2 years warehousing experience preferred.
- Computer experience with PC compatible machines, software including MS Excel, Word, Office, and other related programs
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member with a strong commitment to collaborative work.
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements of job duties (lifting, carrying, stacking, pushing, pulling, typing, phones, etc.)
- Must be able to handle diverse tasks simultaneously.
Salary & benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan after one year, and LT disability.
To Apply: email@example.com. Please enter name and title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Friends of the San Francisco Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status.
A member-supported non-profit organization, Friends advocates, fundraises, and provides critical and stable funding for the San Francisco Public Library, an award-winning and innovative urban library system. On average, Friends annually supports more than 2,500 programs and exhibitions at the Main Library and the 27 neighborhood branch libraries that serve as civic anchors for their communities. Founded in 1961, Friends today has 3700 active members, a generous donor base, and thousands of San Francisco residents who act as advocates and volunteers.
Friends of the San Francisco Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, creed, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status.